Thursday 9 July 2009

So the Ashes have come to Cardiff, and it seems that the fans have spoken with lashings of praise. The Australians have in particular enjoyed the warm Welsh welcome and have spoken highly of the stadium's proximity to the city centre. Indeed the walk across Bute park and the river Taff have been deemed to be one of the prettiest routes anywhere.

Hopefully this will form part of the growing number of positive remarks and feelings that are expressed about Cardiff, keeping Wales firmly on the map. I would say that Cardiff thoroughly enjoys being the centre of great sporting events. I'm sure it will help to inspire young children to take a greater interest in cricket (although they will need to be keen to master the rules!) I'm not so clear about the threat of pay per view for cricket though, I'm just not sure it's a big enough sport to support this. However I understand cricket clubs would stand to receive greater finances which in turn would promote the sport, so I imagine they would be very much in favour of the designated way forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment